Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Like, stop it!

To the two students sitting in front of me on the campus shuttle bus yesterday--I didn't intend to eavesdrop on your conversation, but due to our proximity, I couldn't avoid it.  I have some advice for you:

Like, I know you're all, like, excited about graduating and all but like, uh, you've got to realize that, like, you're going to have to, like, get a real job and nobody's going to take you, like, seriously if you keep, like, uh, talking this way.  Even if you majored in, like, sociology or something and you won't, like, be sitting in a, like, corporate office but you'll be evaluating, you know, the corn cultivation of, like, indigenous people, you know, uh, like, eventually you're going to have a, like, real conversation with, like, other adults.  If you don't, you know, stop it, they will be, like, tempted to strangle you with their, like, bare hands inside of two minutes.

Like, uh, you know, I'm just saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment