Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Case Files of Thomas Carney--Now Available in Paperback!

Finally, the day has arrived.  I hit the "publish" button.  If it sells, great.  If readers find it good, bad or indifferent--well, everyone is entitled to an opinion.  But at least I can say I did it!

The paperback is available immediately through Createspace.  From what I understand, it will take 5-7 days to build completely on Amazon.com (including the "Look Inside" feature) and may take a few weeks longer to populate throughout all the expanded distribution channels.

For all you struggling, unpublished writers out there, I highly recommend giving Createspace a try.  From start to finish, service, communication, and online learning tools have been exceptional.  Any mistakes and frustrations were entirely my own--mostly due to my inexperience.  If you're willing to spend the considerable time and effort to do it yourself, aside from the minimal cost of proof copies, the process of getting your book published is completely free of charge and the resulting product is very professional.

By my good fortune of living in the digital age, I have a wonderful opportunity that the other aspiring authors in my family--my father, my aunt, my brother--never had. They passed away before self-publishing became a reality.  Now I have a book in print, dedicated to all my dear departed.  This one is for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment