Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Det danske folk

From time to time out of morbid curiosity, I check the stats page on my blog.  I like to see where in the world people are reading my posts.  The overwhelming majority are from the United States, but there are a scattering of hits from all over the globe.  Then...there's this cluster of hits from Denmark far greater in count than any other single country.

So to all my new Danish friends: Velkommen.  Tak for din interesse for mit skriftligt.  (I used Google translator for that phrase, so if I really said something like 'your mother has a face like a chicken' I most sincerely apologize.)

Here's a quote for you all from that well known play about the Prince of Denmark (you know the one):
Henry Fuseli-Ghost of Hamlet's Father

What art thou that usurp'st this time of night,
Together with that fair and warlike form
In which the majesty of buried Denmark
Did sometimes march? by heaven I charge thee, speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment